Directory of past blog posts
- About that new LSAT Policy…
- How the Top Scorers Prepare for the LSAT (guest post)
- Creating an LSAT Prep Study Calendar (guest post)
- Want to Nth Degree your LSAT studying? Do this…
- Know Your LSAT Score Percentiles
- Test day advice from a 99th percentile scorer
- "Help, I failed the LSAT" September/October edition
- "Help, I failed the LSAT" June edition
- "Help, I failed the LSAT!" Feb. Edition
- "I just failed the LSAT"
- Should I cancel my LSAT Score?
- Mistake #5: "Oxymoronic" LSAT Advice
- Urbach-Wiethe Disease [and the LSAT]
- Feb LSAT: What's important now
- Staying Mentally Cool and Crushing the September LSAT
- The Hay Is In The Barn
- LSAT State of Mind
- LSAT Test Day and Navy Seal Dropout Rates
- Dec. 6th, 2014 LSAT: “The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.”
- February LSAT Destruction of the Test
- LSAT: I came, I saw, I conquered
- It's a Trap
- To ED or Not to ED?
- Which Top 50 Law Schools have Early Action and Earl Decision Transfer Programs?
- Early Decision at T14. Is the bump real?
Letters of Recommendation
- Spivey Consulting Sample Personal Statements
- Choosing a Personal Statement Topic
- A Personal Statement Thought & Testimonial
- How long should your Personal Statement be? Top 50 Law Schools PS Length and Optional Essay Instructions
- The 3 Essential Features of a Great Personal Statement
- The Top 10 Personal Statement mistakes
- Spivey Consulting in USNWR on a successful Harvard Law resume
- Debunking The 1-Page Law School Resume Myth
- Applicant Questions Answered: "Is there an increasing premium on work experience in admissions?"
- Time off before law school? Gap year? What should I do?
- Karen Buttenbaum Interviewed by USNWR on the "gap year"
- 5 Scholarship Negotiation Necessities
- The Multiple Deposit Dance (2017)
- The Multiple Deposit Dance (2014)
- Some Basics of Scholarship Negotiation
- Mistake #1: You are too nice
- Guest Blog from a Wait List Success Story
- An hour of Waitlist advice with 2 Admissions Dean (and one us)
- Webinar on Wait List Strategy
- Coming This Summer: Waitlist Movement
- The Only 3 Things That Matter on the Waitlist
- Know Your Waitlist Movement Dates (Part I)
- Applicant Question: "When a law school Defers/WL's someone well below the medians but has great softs, is this a polite way to reject them?"
- The summer is long and full of melting
- Rank Me ! Please?
- Help! I've been Waitlisted and I can't get up [off the waitlist]
- When the Top 50 Law Schools Start Accepting Applications
- Podcast: "When is it early/When is it late?" in the admissions cycle
- How Long Does it Take for Law School Applications to be Read?
- Navigating the Law School Admissions Process Freshman Year to Admission
- Timeline and Tips for the Best Possible Law School Application
- Timeline for applications
- HELP! Must I take the LSAT in Dec. or can I take the Feb. LSAT and still apply this cycle?
- “My application is complete but it has not yet gone to committee while others have. What gives?" (Part 2 of 3)
- How about applying early(er) in the cycle. Did it ever help? Does it help now?
Contacting Admissions Offices/Waiting for Decisions
- "WHY WON'T YOU JUST EMAIL BACK?!"
- Generation Neurotic
- 33 Things That Annoy Admissions Officers and Hiring Partners
- 2015 Forum/Fair Recruitment Schedule and Advice
- Timing, timing, and timing
- ...more on the waiting game
- Pressure Points in Contacting Admissions: Professional Persistence versus Pestering?
- What you can learn from the 2012 Presidential Election
- Mistake #7: Texts, Typos, and Timezones
- Mistake #4: The Waiting is the Hardest Part
- Want to make a really good first impression to an admissions dean or hiring partner?
- Majoring in Minor Things
- Forums & Fairs: Win, lose or draw?
- Why a handshake matters (more than you may think)
- Which schools had the highest percentage of their classes transfer out?
- Which Law Schools Accepted the Most Transfer Students?
- Transfer Personal Statement
- 10 Elements To Successful Transfer Admissions
- Transfer Policies and Links to Schools 1-25 (Part 1 in series of 3)
- Transfer Policies Law Schools 26-50
- Transfer Policies Schools 51-75
- Mistake #2: Shangri-Law
- Summering this Summer?
- Summering this Summer Part II
- The Biglaw Devil Wears Brooks Brothers/Ann Taylor (Summer Clerking Advice from a Hiring Partner)
- Your Legal Future in 5 minutes
- Interview advice from Fortune 50 Hiring Authority
- A link to an article on "How to Better Your Odds of Getting a Job."
- ...and the OCI Madness begins
- If You Didn’t Get the LSAT or Law School You Dreamed Of
- Show up every day
- "The trouble is you think you have time" -- Buddha
- Podcast with Mike Spivey
- About to Start Law School? Don't Back Down
- It's time to get competitive.
- Focus. Why it matters so much and how you get it
- Well below your dream school's LSAT? It can still happen.
General Admissions Advice
- How Law School Admissions Myths Get Started
- Getting Admitted Below Both Medians (here's how we did it)
- How many law schools should I apply to?
- Q&A with Michigan Law Admissions Dean Sarah Zearfoss
- Applicant Considerations in an "Up" Cycle
- One hour of free law school admissions advice!
- Admissions Question of The Day (Comes to us from an AdComm)
- [Almost] exactly how law school admissions files are read
- New Blog Series: "Burning Question I have never seen answered"...
- 103 Pages of Free Law School Admissions Advice
- ...A word or two (words to enjoy, words that annoy)
- Best/Worst in Show
- Top 10 Law School Application Grammar Blunders
- What happens to your application once it is submitted to the admissions office?
- Mistake #3: The Fight Club In You
- Mistake #6: "Help my GPA has fallen and it can't get up"
- Mistake #8: Kristen Stewart Goes to Law School
- Mistake #9: "The History of the World, Part I"
- Mistake #10: "The Dyson Effect"
- Predicting the 2017/2018 Law School Cycle (and more!)
- Predicting the 2016/2017 Law School Admissions Cycle
- Predicting the 2015/2016 Law School Admissions Cycle
- What will the 2014/15 Law School Admissions Cycle Look Like?
Law School Advice
- The New Third Year of Law School
- 5 Pieces of Advice From a Recent 1L
- Advice From Recent Law School Graduate
- Finding Balance in Law School Admissions and Beyond
- Top 100 Law School Applicant Feeder Schools
- How do students select which law school to ultimately attend?
- Viewbooks of 165 Law Schools
- Which Law Schools Give The Biggest Employment Value Relative to Their Rankings?
- The 25 Most "Underrated" Law Schools
- Applicant Data and Law School Outcomes
- Which Law Schools Have Admissions Blogs?
- The 25 Most Expensive Law Schools
- The 25 Least Expensive Law Schools