Please note: we will stop accepting submissions for this program on Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 5:00 PM EST. Thank you!
Spivey Consulting Group fully supports equitable access and diverse representation in legal education. Our commitment to providing the best free law school admissions content, advice, and resources available — as well as the extensive pro bono and low bono work we do each year — stems from this value and mission.
We are excited to announce that, as part of this ongoing commitment, Spivey Consulting Group is launching its second year of our formal Pro-Bono Consulting Program, which offers free law school admissions consulting services to a limited number of selected diverse and low-income applicants who are applying to law school this cycle.
Selected applicants will work with a Spivey consultant one-on-one to prepare their law school applications for up to 5 law schools. This opportunity offers the services available to our application package clients, found on our website here, at no cost.
Qualified applicants will fulfill the following requirements:
- Are a committed applicant to law school for the 2021-2022 application cycle (entering law school fall 2022)
- Come from a low-income and/or diverse background
- The deadline is Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 5:00 PM EST. No selections will be made prior to the deadline, and there is no preference for earlier submissions.
- To apply, please fill out the application here. You can preview the questions, short answers, and attachments we ask for below.
- Note that we will not be evaluating applicants based on the relative competitiveness of their law school profiles, but we will consider whether or not we feel we can help you achieve your goals. We will primarily evaluate applicants based on financial need and prospective contribution to diversity in the legal field.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Note: applicants who are currently waiting for paid services with us are more than welcome to apply, if qualified. If this applies to you, please indicate so in your application.
Below is a preview of the information we will request in the pro bono services application. Please do not email us your application; fill out the online application here.
Biographical/Basic Admissions Information:
- Phone number
- Current location
- Undergraduate college, graduation year, and major
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA (LSAC GPA, if known)
- All valid LSAT and/or GRE score(s), if applicable
- Any future LSAT/GRE administrations for which you are currently registered
- A list of your target law schools
- Any other information that may be highly important to your admissions process/outcomes, e.g. character and fitness, leaves of absence from school, work experience
- Please describe your financial disadvantage/need, and any information regarding how you have been impacted by coming from a diverse, marginalized, or underrepresented background. (Approx. 250-500 words)
- Please explain why you would like to be considered for pro-bono consulting and how you feel this opportunity could help you. (Approx. 250-500 words)
The documents you send will never be shared with anyone outside of Spivey Consulting Group.
- Proof of financial need (e.g. FAFSA Student Aid Report, tax/income documents) (note: you are welcome to redact social security numbers or any other sensitive personal information from these documents; however, they should include your full name for verification purposes)
Thank you for your interest!
A testimonial from a pro bono client from last year's program:
"I wholeheartedly commend Spivey Consulting for their work. During one of the toughest law school cycles for applicants due to COVID-19, Spivey Consulting continued to offer excellent pro-bono resources to applicants who had little to no help. As a recipient of Spivey's pro-bono services, I was initially unsure of how I would be treated; that is, many consultants found themselves having to work longer hours due to the demanding nature of the cycle, and, as a pro-bono client, I was uncertain of whether or not I would be considered a priority. After finishing my own cycle, and successfully getting admitted with a near full-tuition scholarship into a law school that I am excited about, I can confidently state that I was given the full attention and efforts of my consultant, Nathan Neely. Throughout the year, Nathan remained a stellar resource that I could contact at any time — I never had a question go unanswered! In fact, Nathan became so personalized with my application and personality that he was able to recommend the school I will ultimately be attending this fall. I am sincerely grateful to Spivey Consulting and Nathan for their generosity and excellence in service."