Thank you for your interest in Spivey Consulting Group’s 2022 Pro Bono Program. Please note that the application is now closed. If you submitted an application, we will notify you of our decision during the week of June 27, and you should have already received a confirmation email from Paula Gluzman (email@example.com). If you did not receive this confirmation, please check your spam box, and if it is not there, reach out to Paula as soon as possible so that we can confirm your contact information.
Spivey Consulting Group fully supports equitable access and diverse representation in legal education. Our commitment to providing the best free law school admissions content, advice, and resources available — as well as the extensive pro bono and low bono work we do each year — stems from this value and mission.
We are excited to announce that, as part of this ongoing commitment, Spivey Consulting Group is launching the third year of our formal Pro Bono Consulting Program, which offers free law school admissions consulting services to a limited number of select diverse and low-income law school applicants.
Selected applicants will work with a Spivey consultant one-on-one to prepare their law school applications for up to 5 law schools. This opportunity offers the services available to our application package clients, found on our website here, at no cost.
Qualified applicants will fulfill the following requirements:
- Committed to applying to law school for the 2022-2023 application cycle (entering law school fall 2023)
- Come from a low-income and/or diverse background
- To apply, please fill out the application here. You can preview the questions, short answers, and attachments we ask for below.
- The deadline is Monday, June 13, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST.
- No selections will be made prior to the deadline, and there is no preference for earlier submissions.
- Note that we will not be evaluating applicants based on the relative competitiveness of their law school profiles, but we will consider whether or not we feel we can help you achieve your goals. We will primarily evaluate applicants based on financial need and prospective contribution to diversity in the legal field.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Below is a preview of the information we request in the pro bono program application. Please do not email us your application; fill out the online application here.
Biographical/Basic Admissions Information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Current location
- Undergraduate college, graduation year, and major
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA (LSAC GPA, if known)
- All valid LSAT and/or GRE score(s), if applicable
- Any future LSAT/GRE administrations for which you are currently registered
- List your target law schools
- List any other current or past pre-law fellowship or pipeline program participation (e.g. UCLA Law Fellows, LEAP, Munger Tolles, etc.)
- Any other information that may be highly important to your admissions process/outcomes, e.g. character and fitness, leaves of absence from school, work experience
- Please describe your financial disadvantage/need, and any information regarding how you have been impacted by coming from a diverse, marginalized, or underrepresented background. (Approx. 250-500 words)
- Please explain why you would like to be considered for pro bono consulting and how you feel this opportunity could help you. (Approx. 250-500 words)
The documents you send will never be shared with anyone outside of Spivey Consulting Group.
- Required: Resume
- Optional: Proof of financial need (e.g. FAFSA Student Aid Report, tax/income documents) (note: you are welcome to redact social security numbers or any other sensitive personal information from these documents; however, they should include your full name for verification purposes)
Thank you for your interest!